Ease and convenience in the palm of your hand
RTD’s Mobile Tickets app lets you buy tickets and passes anytime from anywhere. Simply download the app and purchase tickets for immediate use or purchase in advance for future travel. It’s fast, easy, and available any time you’re on the go.
- Bypass lines and ticket vending machines
- No exact change required
- No more lost paper tickets
- Your phone is your ticket
- Secure account makes purchasing a breeze
- Connect to other RTD resources like the Trip Planner and Next Ride apps
New features now available!
- Monthly pass purchase option now available
- 3-Hour pass purchase option now available. The three-hour pass allows riders to take unlimited trips at the same service level (Local or Regional) on bus and train.
- Transactions are fast - usually less than one minute to purhcase and activate a ticket*
- Store multiple credit cards on file for fast and easy payment
* Transaction time not guaranteed and is dependent upon signal strength in area of use and other factors.
How to use mobile ticketing
- Pre-purchase tickets for future use or buy a ticket on the day of travel(Pre-purchased tickets expire 45 days after purchase even if not activated)
- Select Buy Tickets
- Select Fare Level
- Enter payment info and the pass is delivered instantly.
- Activate your ticket before boarding a bus or train.
- Show to operator and fare inspector.
Download the RTD Mobile Tickets app today
Mobile Ticketing Fares
* Must be eligible for discount fare. Discount is for seniors 65+, individuals with disabilities, Medicare recipients, elementary, middle, and high school students ages 6-19. Proof of eligibility is required. RTD accepts a government issued photo ID showing senior’s age, Medicare card, RTD issued Special Discount Card and current student ID or proof of enrollment for middle and high school student
Mobile Tickets can be used on all regular bus, Call-n-Ride, SkyRide, and train services. Mobile tickets are not valid on Access-a-Ride and RTD special routes, including, but not limited to, BroncosRide, RockiesRide, RunRide, and SeniorRide.
Contact us about your Mobile Ticketing app account or purchase
Mobile Ticketing Frequently Asked Questions
- Mobile tickets are valid on all regular bus, Call-n-Ride, SkyRide, and train services. They are not valid on Access-a-Ride and RTD Special Service routes, such as BroncosRide, BuffRide, RunRide, and SeniorRide. Another form of fare payment is required to ride these services. Please read RTD’s fare policies before traveling.
- Local and Regional 3-Hour Passes, Local and Regional/Airport Day Passes, and Local and Regional/Airport Monthly Passes are available via Mobile Ticketing.
- You may pre-purchase tickets for future use and activate as you ride or purchase a ticket on the day of travel. Pre-purchased 3-Hour Pass and Day Pass tickets expire 45 days after purchase even if not activated for use. Monthly Pass tickets are valid for the full calendar month and expire on the first day of the following month even if not activated for use.
- You must activate your ticket before boarding a bus or train. Bus operators and fare inspectors will require an activated ticket.
- Yes. You can use the same activated mobile ticket to transfer to other routes until the end of the RTD service day at 2:59 a.m. If you have a Local Day Pass you may take a one-way trip on a higher level of service if you pay for the upgrade in cash on the bus, or purchase an upgrade ticket at a ticket vending machine on a rail platform or at a rail station.
- Yes. Purchased 3-Hour Pass and Day Pass tickets expire 45 days after purchase even if they are not activated for user. Activated 3-Hour pass tickets expire 3 hours after activation. Activated Day Pass tickets automatically expire at 2:59 a.m. on the day after activation. Activated Monthly Pass Tickets expire at 2:59 am on the first day of the next calendar month.
- Mobile Day Pass tickets have an expiration time of 2:59 a.m. on the day after activation. Depending on when you activate, this may not be a full 24-hour period.
- We recommend that you set up an account for your convenience and protection, but you may check out as a guest. If you have created a customer account and your mobile device is lost, stolen, or replaced, you will be able to migrate unused, unexpired tickets to your new device when logging into your account on the new device.
- Mobile tickets do not need cell phone or Wi-Fi services to be displayed. You do need connectivity to purchase a ticket, which must be done before boarding. If you lose cell phone service after purchasing a ticket, you will still be able to activate and display the ticket from the ticket wallet.
- If your mobile phone is inoperable, you will have to use some other payment method for the trip.
- You can buy up to 10 tickets per ticket type in a single purchase, up to a maximum of 20 tickets per ticket type in a day. You have to activate a ticket for each passenger before boarding an RTD vehicle. Activating a large number of tickets will slow down the app.
- If you have created a customer account and purchase a new mobile device, just install the app on your new device and sign into your account. You will be able to migrate your tickets to the new device, access your ticket wallet, and purchase as usual. If you have an unused, unexpired ticket that does not appear, please contact RTD’s Customer Care team.
- Receipts are available through email for all Mobile Ticketing purchases. Please enter your email address when you purchase a ticket, and a receipt will be automatically emailed to you. If you can’t find your receipt, you can open the ticket from your ticket wallet and re-send the receipt to your email address.
- RTD does not issue refunds for unused fare media. In the event of service disruptions, please contact RTD Customer Care at 303.299.6000.
- The Mobile Ticketing app is free to download. You may incur data usage fees via your mobile service provider for use of the application. RTD is not responsible for any mobile carrier data charges that a customer incurs as a result of downloading or using the Mobile Ticketing application.
- The Mobile Ticketing application is available on the majority of iOS and Android devices installed with recent operating systems. Older versions of software may not be supported.
- When making a purchase, you can select between a full price pass and a discounted pass. Discount fares are available for all seniors 65+, individuals with disabilities, Medicare recipients, elementary, middle and high school students ages 6-19. Proof of eligibility is required. Individuals with disabilities may obtain a Special Discount Card by calling 303.299.2667.
- Children 5 years of age or younger ride free with a fare-paying adult. Limited to three children with each fare-paying adult.
- Active duty members of the U.S. Military ride for free on all RTD services. Proof of eligibility is required.
- You have the option to store your credit card details for future transactions.
- The Mobile Ticketing platform is fully certified and compliant with Payment Card Industry standards (PCI-DSS). All payment communications are fully encrypted via SSL, any sensitive data stored is highly encrypted, and systems are constantly being monitored for security vulnerabilities.