YOU drive this train
When do we bring a sales tax increase vote to you?
Please view my video message and let me know by April 22.
Hi, I’m Phil Washington, General Manager of the Regional Transportation District, and I need to hear from you. You have made RTD’s FasTracks the largest voter-approved transit expansion in America. Since 2005, you have invested to expand our system across the metro area, and we have made every cent count.
- 48 miles of the 122 miles of new rail under construction this year
- West Rail Line more than 70% built
- Nearly 40% complete in the redevelopment of the historic Denver Union Station
- Construction started on the East Rail Line from downtown to DIA
- New bus ramps built on U.S. 36 that save commuters between Denver and Boulder 30 minutes a day
We have accomplished a lot, but we’ve been hit by the economic downturn. Here’s the bottom line: We need additional money to complete FasTracks within the next eight years. Do you want the opportunity to vote this year on a sales tax increase of another 4 cents on a $10 purchase to get the job done quicker? Your input will be considered. Let me know.
RTD General Manager
Please view my video to learn more.