YOU drive this train
Posted on 04.01.11
Please view my video message and let me know by April 22.
Hi, I’m Phil Washington, General Manager of the Regional Transportation District, and I need to hear from you. You have made RTD’s FasTracks the largest voter-approved transit expansion in America. Since 2005, you have invested to expand our system across the metro area, and we have made every cent count.
- 48 miles of the 122 miles of new rail under construction this year
- West Rail Line more than 70% built
- Nearly 40% complete in the redevelopment of the historic Denver Union Station
- Construction started on the East Rail Line from downtown to DIA
- New bus ramps built on U.S. 36 that save commuters between Denver and Boulder 30 minutes a day
We have accomplished a lot, but we’ve been hit by the economic downturn. Here’s the bottom line: We need additional money to complete FasTracks within the next eight years. Do you want the opportunity to vote this year on a sales tax increase of another 4 cents on a $10 purchase to get the job done quicker? Your input will be considered. Let me know.
RTD General Manager
Please view my video to learn more.