Check out our new Trip Planner in beta
Posted on 12.06.16
What's newThe new trip planner maintains the same great features you love including a mobile-friendly display and route options for best trip, fewest transfers and less walking distance but provides some modern enhancements, including:
- Real-time bus arrival/departure predictions included with your trip results
- Station gate locations to help you navigate our stations easier
- A more robust location entry field with more auto-fill options including geo-location, Denver area attractions and landmarks, all RTD stations and Park-n-Rides and bus stops and stop numbers
- Turn-by-turn walking directions
- Option to see intermediate stops along your route
- Multi-modal travel options including Walk + Transit, Bike + Transit, and Car + Park-n-Ride + Transit
- A new trip planning algorithm developed to optimize trip results that will save you time with less waiting
Expanded travel preferencesBest trip
Use this option for quick trip planning. Results delivered will take into account how to get you from your origin to your destination with the least amount of waiting and transfers.
Use this option if you need to plan a trip with the least amount of transfers. Results delivered will take into account your origin and destination and plan your trip according to least amount of transfers, but results may not necessarily be the fastest trip.
Walk + Transit
Use this option when you plan on walking to your first transit stop and from your last destination transit stop. Start with the location or address of your origin.
Bike + Transit
Use this option when you plan on biking to your first transit stop and from your last destination transit stop. Start with the location or address of your origin.
Car + Park-n-Ride + Transit
Use this option when you plan on driving to a park-n-ride to start your transit trip. Start with the location or address from where you will be leaving to drive to the park-n-ride. For example, if you plan on driving from your house to a park-n-ride, start with your house address.
What real-time really meansReal-time utilizes an algorithm that compiles data including vehicle location, scheduled stop locations, scheduled arrival/departure times, and environmental considerations like traffic delays and weather to predict more precise bus arrival times. With real-time driving the open trip planner you’ll spend less time waiting for your bus and worrying about missing a connecting route. The trip planner will not deliver a trip result that includes a late-running bus that would result in a missed connection.
New Features Up CloseNew auto-fill feature that recognizes RTD stops, common locations & attractions
New trip planning parameters with multi-modal travel options
Real-time data indicated with green 'airwaves'