Call for Applications: Join the Citizens Advisory Committee
Posted on 02.23.16
Residents of the eight-county Regional Transportation District who are interested in public transit issues and community engagement are encouraged to apply for one of five vacancies on the RTD Citizens Advisory Committee.
The 17-member citizens group has advised the agency on its voter-approved FasTracks program for the past 10 years. The committee's role has been recently expanded to also advise RTD on its strategies and initiatives.
RTD invites interested individuals to submit letters of application to serve on the all-volunteer panel. Appointment is for a three-year term, with an opportunity for one reappointment thereafter.
"RTD is one of the premier transit agencies in the country and this is an exciting time to be part of this organization and the impact it has on the region," Bob Rizzuto, CAC co-chair, said. "We rely on informed citizens who can join us to guide and provide advice to RTD. We want people who truly want to make a difference as we move forward."
CAC members represent a wide variety of backgrounds, interests and professional experiences. The group's public outreach meetings keep metro-area citizens informed of FasTracks progress and RTD programs and encourage input from local communities.
Individuals interested in applying for a position on the CAC should email letters of interest to Leesly.Leon@rtd-denver.com.
Deadline: March 31
Letters must be received by the close of business on March 31, 2016, and should include:
- A brief statement of interest in serving on the committee
- Qualifications for serving on the CAC
- A résumé
Appointments to the panel shall be made to ensure a broad representation of stakeholder interests, to achieve diversity and to provide geographical representation within the district.
Selection criteria will include, but not be limited to, residency within the RTD district; a demonstrated interest in public transit and the FasTracks program; previous community service; experience working with local jurisdictions on regional issues; and professional expertise.
The CAC's expanded role is to:
- Continue to monitor and provide input on the improvements for each corridor in the FasTracks Plan.
- Become familiar with the District's strategic plan and long-term vision.
- Provide region-oriented advice to RTD regarding the implementation of the strategic plan, its strategies and initiatives.
- Represent the citizen perspective on behalf of a wide range of stakeholder interests and community organizations.
- Gather information from community members to share with the agency.
- Share information with community members to promote public awareness of the agency's programs and projects.
- Other tasks as assigned by the RTD Board of Directors.
For more information contact Roger Sherman at 303-592-5465.