RTD Citizens Advisory Committee call for applications
Posted on 05.02.19
Residents of the eight-county Regional Transportation District (RTD) who are interested in public transit issues and community engagement are encouraged to apply for one of three vacancies on the RTD Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC).
The 17-member citizens group advises the agency on RTD’s strategies, initiatives and transportation programs, including the FasTracks transit expansion program.
CAC members represent a wide variety of backgrounds, interests and professional experiences. The group’s public outreach meetings keep metro-area citizens informed of FasTracks progress and RTD programs and encourage input from local communities.
Individuals interested in applying for a position may apply online or contact Roger Sherman at 303-592-5465 to request an application.
To be considered, applications must be received by the close of business on May 30, 2019.
Selection criteria will include, but not be limited to, residency within the RTD district; a demonstrated interest in public transit and the FasTracks program; previous community service; experience working with local jurisdictions on regional issues; and professional expertise.
The CAC’s role is to:
- Continue to monitor and provide input on the improvements for each corridor in the FasTracks Plan.
- Become familiar with the District’s strategic plan and long-term vision.
- Provide region-oriented advice to RTD regarding the implementation of the strategic plan, its strategies and initiatives.
- Represent the citizen perspective on behalf of a wide range of stakeholder interests and community organizations.
- Gather information from community members to share with the agency.
- Share information with community members to promote public awareness of the agency’s programs and projects.
- Other tasks as assigned by the RTD Board of Directors.